Organization & Environment is currently accepting applications for the position of Editor. The term of office will last for three years, beginning January 1, 2017 with the March 2017 issue, and ending December 31, 2019. The incoming editor will begin processing new manuscripts six months prior to the full transition date.
Published since 1987, Organization & Environment is an SSCI listed refereed journal recognized as a leading international journal unique in its emphasis on the connection between the management of organizations and the multiple dimensions of the general environment. Ranked in both Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management, as well as Environmental Science, the journal currently has a 1.036 2-Year Impact Factor. Recent topics explored in the journal include the environmental impact of the commercial bumble bee trade, the buying-local movement as it corporate social responsibility (CSR), and corporate water responsibility.
Desired qualifications for the Editor include:
- A strong record of scholarly contributions, including contributions to sustainability research, reflected in publication in scholarly journals and presentations at professional conferences
- Evidence of a strong network of scholars in other sub-disciplines of business
- The ability to articulate and operationalize a vision for the journal that sustains and builds upon its visibility, legitimacy and scholarliness
- The ability to inspire creativity and enthusiasm in an editorial team, editorial board and authors
- Service on editorial review boards, preferably at the Associate Editor level and experience with editing Special Issues
- Familiarity with and an understanding of Organization & Environment’s mission and audience
- Superb organizational and project management skills, including the ability to meet deadlines and work as part of a team as a team leader
- A level of computer literacy sufficient to manage a web-based manuscript submission and tracking system
- Full professor rank at an accredited institution
- Written evidence of institutional support and commitment from the applicant’s institution to support the applicant via release time and administrative support
Applications for this position should include the following:
- A letter of application that addresses how the applicant meets each of the selection criteria
- A current curriculum vita
- A one-page vision statement for the journal
- A letter of institutional support from the applicant’s dean and/or provost reporting evidence of institutional support and commitment via release time and administrative support
Upon appointment, the editor will participate in a comprehensive vital editorial orientation conducted by SAGE Publications. A stipend is provided. Please note that it is the policy of the journal that the editor does not publish in Organization & Environment during his or her tenure.
The successful applicant will have an advanced degree in management/organizational studies and a working familiarity with sustainability research. Demonstrated experience with the editorial process (as editor, associate editor, or editorial board member) is preferred.
For more information, click here.