The editorial team of the Journal of Management would like to invite authors to submit proposals for the 2017 Review Issue. Articles for the Review Issue tend to be high-impact scholarly surveys of important research literatures. They summarize recent research, provide integrations of management literatures, and highlight important directions for future inquiries. The Review Issue is open to all areas of management, including such disciplines as strategy, entrepreneurship, human resource management, organizational behavior, organizational theory, and research methods.
Proposals should be double-spaced and include no more than seven pages of text. References, tables, and appendices do not count against this page limit. All proposals will be subject to editorial review. Please do not send complete papers- if you have a draft of your paper, please note that in the proposal.
Submissions will be evaluated with respect to the following criteria and successful proposals tend to speak to these criteria:
- Relevance. The proposed manuscript should thoroughly review a significant and important research area within the organizational sciences.
- Viability. The proposal should represent an achievable project within the tight time constraints required. Click here for more information.
- Scope of Interest. Papers of broad interest to scholars in a variety of specialty areas are greatly preferred.
- Organization and Coherence. The proposal should follow a logical structure, read clearly, and thoroughly represent the available research.
- Insight for Future Work. The proposal should convey important implications for future management scholars.
Please note that proposals may not be submitted until June 1, 2015. Journal of Management will not be able to consider late submissions.
For more information, including more detail on the submission timeline, click here. To submit your paper now click here. If you have questions, please contact Journal of Management at JOM@moore.sc.edu. To be notified of all the latest news and research from Journal of Management, click here!