Journal of Service Research is now accepting research for the upcoming special section entitled “Health Service Research: A Multidisciplinary Perspective,” which will publish in November of 2016! Editor Mary Jo Bitner will be joined by guest co-editors Tracey S. Danaher of Monash University, Australia and Andrew S. Gallan of DePaul University, USA for this section.
Scholars from both within and outside of business disciplines including marketing, management, information technology, economics, anthropology, design, education policy, health and public administration, psychology, public policy, social work, sociology and other related disciplines are invited to submit papers that examine the relationship between service and health care. All approaches (empirical, analytical, or conceptual) that create or extend theory in health service are welcome.
- Examples of topics include, but are not limited to:
- Service Innovation, Design, and Quality in Health Care Delivery
- The Impact of Servicescapes in Health Services
- New Service Models of Delivering Health Care
- Front Line Employees and Service Provision in Health Care
- A Network View of Health Care Services
- Innovative Measurement and Metrics in Health Care Services
- The Role of New Technologies in Providing Health Care Services (Electronic Medical Records, Health Information Technology, etc.)
- Understanding the Patient Experience
- Consumer Behavior in Health Services
- Value Cocreation, Participation, and Engagement in Health Care Services
- Methodological Breakthroughs in Health Service Research
Manuscripts are due May 15, 2015. For more information on this call, including how to submit, click here. Want news and notices like this from Journal of Service Research? Click here to sign up for e-alerts!