Advances in Developing Human Resources is currently welcoming applications for the position of Editor-in-Chief!
Published quarterly, each issue of Advances in Developing Human Resources is devoted to a different topic central to the development of human resources. The journal has covered subjects as wide-ranging and vital as performance improvement, action learning, on-the-job training, informal learning, work-life balance, career development and human resource development, leadership, and the philosophical foundations of HRD practice.
The term of office is three years, beginning in July 2015. A stipend is provided.
Desired qualifications for the position include:
- A strong record of scholarly contribution to human resource development, reflected in publication in scholarly journals and presentations at professional conferences
- Experience as an editor, associate or assistant editor, or editorial review board member
- Familiarity with Advances in Developing Human Resources – its mission and the audience it serves
- A demonstrated ability to lead an editorial team, editorial board, and authors and reviewers
- Excellent project management and organizational skills to ensure publication deadlines are met and quality is maintained
- Evidence of support and commitment from the applicant’s institution – particularly in terms of release time and administrative support
Applications should include the following:
- A letter of application that addresses how the candidate meets the desired qualifications
- A current curriculum vita
- A letter of institutional support (e.g., dean and/or provost)
The successful applicant will have an advanced degree in HRD or related field and be currently working in an HRD role in education, business, government, and/or community sectors. Demonstrated experience with the editorial process (as editor, associate editor or editorial board member) is preferred.
Please send completed applications to Kim McDonald by December 15, 2014.
All application materials and questions can be directed to: