Group & Organization Management (GOM) invites applications for the position of Editor. The term of office is three and one half years. There will be a six month transitional overlap with the current editor that will begin July 1, 2014.
Peer‐reviewed and published bi‐monthly, GOM publishes the work of scholars and professionals who extend management and organization theory and address the implications of this for practitioners. Innovation , conceptual sophistication, methodological rigor, and cutting‐edge scholars hip are the driving principles.
Desired qualifications for the Editor include:
- A strong record of scholarly contributions to management and organization theory, reflected in publication in scholarly journals and presentations at professional conferences
- The ability to articulate and operationalize a vision for the journal that sustains and builds upon its visibility, legitimacy and scholarliness
- The ability to inspire creativity and enthusiasm in an editorial team, editorial board and authors
- Editorial experience as an editor, associate or assistant editor or editorial review board member
- Familiarity with and an understanding of GOM’s mission and audience
- Superb organizational and project management skills, including the ability to meet deadlines and work as part of a team as a team leader
- A level of computer literacy sufficient to manage a web‐based manuscript submission and tracking system
- Tenured associate or full professor rank at an accredited institution
- Evidence of institutional support and commitment from the applicant’s institution to support the applicant via release time and administrative support
Applications should include four items:
- A letter of application that addresses how the applicant mee ts each of the selection criteria
- A current curriculum vita
- A one‐page vision statement for the journal
- A letter of institutional support from the applicant’s dean and/or provost
Upon appointment, the editor will participate in a comprehensive editorial orientation conducted by the publisher. A stipend is provided.
The successful applicant will have an advanced degree in organizational studies and a working familiarity with policy and political action relevant to management and organization theory. Demonstrated experience with the editorial process (as editor, associate editor, or editorial board member) is preferred.
Editor, Social Science Journals
Sage Publications, Inc.
2455 Teller Road
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320
Phone: (805) 410‐7283